Manage accounts, enable fast payments.
About Hedera Hashgraph:
We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the Hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Hedera is ambitious and fast-paced. We balance our enthusiasm with a measured approach to risk, and are well capitalized having raised over $100-million. Today, our team consists of more than 60 talented individuals, including many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork.
We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the role:
The Director of Release Management must work closely with Product Management & Engineering teams to ensure new features and enhancements meet the needs of each line of business and market and align into unified product releases that serve Hedera Hashgraph’s strategic vision.
The Director of Release Management oversees the entire release lifecycle that takes a feature from initial idea to adoption by our customers in production. They are responsible for Hedera Hashgraph’s overall release strategy, including release schedules, communication plans, and enablement activities. The Director of Release Management is a highly-collaborative role. They work with Product Development & Engineering and key stakeholders across the company to ensure on-time delivery and coordinate cross-departmental readiness for Sales, Marketing, implementation, training, and support.
- Partner closely with Product to align timelines, goals, and priorities across portfolios to ensure every release supports the company’s strategic vision
- Oversee the release schedule and coordinate with Product Development & Engineering teams to meet published timelines; oversee the change management process for the release roadmap
- Anticipate and assess risks to the product delivery from quality or schedule perspectives.
- Provide timely updates so stakeholders have an up-to-date understanding of release contents, timelines, and progress
- Coordinate the creation of comprehensive and high-quality release collateral to meet the needs of stakeholders, partners, and customers
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to ensure the company is ready for the launch of new features:
- Ensure the company understands the value proposition and messaging of new features and that Sales and Marketing plans are aligned with launch
- Work with stakeholders to determine the operational and business goals for new features and define quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure success
- Coordinate with Customer Success and Partners & Alliances on training, rollout, and support of release features
- Coordinate key strategic initiatives across multiple product portfolios and multiple product releases
- Provide vision and leadership by identifying ways to continuously improve our release practices in order to increase quality, reduce risk, and deliver value to our customers and stakeholders more quickly
- Coordinate with Product Development & Engineering and Customer Success leadership on the prioritization and timing of critical features and product fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience coordinating multi-faceted, highly-detailed projects
- 5+ years of experience in the fintech or financial services industry
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams and balance competing priorities
- Detail-oriented mindset, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate processes and follow through on their execution
- 2-4 years as a release manager or program manager
- 2-4 years of experience with development, delivery, or support of SaaS software
- Experience working with product teams, prioritizing critical features and fixes, and managing multiple releases and product lines
- Experience developing software on the Salesforce platform, especially as an ISV
- Able to work in an environment at a fast pace and with changing priorities