Manage accounts, enable fast payments.
About Hedera Hashgraph:
We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Hedera is ambitious and fast-paced. We balance our enthusiasm with a measured approach to risk, and are well capitalized having raised over $100-million. Today, our team consists of more than 60 talented individuals, including many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork.
We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About The Role:
- Develop various aspects of the Hedera Hashgraph Platform.
- Develop sample applications to demonstrate value and strength of the platform. Sample applications will include web, mobile and embedded development.
- Assist 3rd party developers in the development of a wide range of applications based on the Hedera platform, including financial transactions, gaming and database applications.
- Be a strong and proficient hands-on programmer, spending 80% of your time coding.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including concurrency, performance optimization and reusability
- Familiarity with and interest in mathematical concepts, principles and techniques
- Systems programming experience including providing services to other software (e.g.operating systems, computational science applications, game engines and AAA video games, industrial automation and software as a service applications)
- Proficiency in Java with knowledge of ecosystem of libraries and tools
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the Java VM, covering its strengths and weaknesses
- Geo-distributed database architecture with SQL experience
- Familiarity with high-performance architectural systems and design patterns
- Experience in developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Strong engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular and high-quality code
- Familiarity with test-driven software development processes and continuous integration tools and systems
- Experience with blockchain (e.g., Bitcoin or Ethereum) and distributed applications is a big plus
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- The preferred experience with architectural design, but would consider someone with less experience with the right combination of skills.