Manage accounts, enable fast payments.
About Hedera Hashgraph:
We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Hedera is ambitious and fast-paced. We balance our enthusiasm with a measured approach to risk, and are well capitalized having raised over $100-million. Today, our team consists of more than 60 talented individuals, including many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork.
We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the role:
As an IT Operation Manager, you will be responsible for the overall systems operations function at Hedera, from developing an overall plan to implement an operations center to delivery and maintenance. This key role will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the center, working closely with our DevOps team members and staff across the company in meeting business objectives through service excellence and data delivery.
In this role, you will interact with internal stakeholders, our Council Members and other partners. This role requires a mix of strategic engineering and hands-on technical work.
You will be a subject matter expert in IT infrastructure, system operations with a strong understanding of cybersecurity and change management.
- Develop a plan to implement and run a network operations center and systems management function for Hedera’s production and non-production environments:
- Provide visibility into all aspects of operations including computer, network and security status of all relevant systems.
- Monitor against Service Level Objectives (SLO) and implement/monitor Service Level Indicators (SLI) for production services. Aggregate and analyze data from multiple sources, build tools and alerts to assess overall system health.
- Establish and execute against appropriate change management processes and procedures to ensure the stability of production operations.
- Manage system incident identification and resolution efforts:
- Develop and implement a disaster recovery plan to ensure sustainable operations of critical systems by understanding business functions and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
- Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Build relationships with council member operations staffs:
- Ensure consistency and visibility of system deployment and operations whether their datacenters, external co-locations facilities, cloud providers.
- Develop effective communications with node operators ensuring active engagement on systems management activities and status.
- Work with their operation staff globally providing insight on system changes and changes to operational procedures.
- Strong background in IT operations in a service-based environment (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Demonstrated ability to implement and operate a service and support function for IT needs within Hedera as well as in support of customer node operations.
- Strong grasp of core information, networking and platform operations in data center, cloud and enterprise environments.
- Familiarity with enterprise and cloud network topologies, systems, services and tools.
- Familiarity with IT analysis processes and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and critical analysis skills.
Education and certifications
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in computer science or similar discipline
- ITIL certification a plus
- CISSP or similar security certification beneficial