Manage accounts, enable fast payments.
Hedera Hashgraph is a public distributed ledger created for developers wanting to build scalable decentralized applications, atop the Hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is a fast, fair, and secure distributed public ledger offering cryptocurrency, smart contract, file, and consensus services, with stable and decentralized governance.
Hedera can quickly processes tens of thousands of cryptocurrency transactions* per second, on-ledger, with low transaction fees, enabling practical micropayments. Hedera achieves low-latency consensus finality for transactions with fair ordering, and state proofs to mathematically guarantee transactions.
Today, our team consists of more than 80 talented individuals, including many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork.
Are you ready to help us build the future?
About The Role:
The ideal candidate will have experience with distributed systems, software development and embedded development with a strong record in Java development. In this role you will help drive decisions about authentication and database design. We’re looking for someone that has faced these challenges before and can contribute insight and experience to the team.
- Develop various aspects of the Hedera Hashgraph Platform.
- You will be working on Hedera Services features (crypto, file and smart contract)
- Develop sample applications to demonstrate value and strength of the platform. Sample applications will include web, mobile and embedded development.
- Be a strong and proficient hands-on programmer, spending 80% of your time coding.
- 3 Plus years of software development experience in a Java environment.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including concurrency, performance optimization and reusability.
- Familiarity with and interest in mathematical concepts, principles and techniques.
- Systems programming experience including providing services to other software (e.g. operating systems, computational science applications, industrial automation and software as a service applications).
- Proficiency in Java with knowledge of ecosystem of libraries and tools
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the Java VM, covering its strengths and weaknesses.
- Geo-distributed database architecture with SQL experience
- Familiarity with high-performance architectural systems and design patterns
- Experience in developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Strong engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular and high-quality code
- Familiarity with test-driven software development processes and continuous integration tools and systems
- Experience with blockchain (e.g., Bitcoin or Ethereum) and distributed applications is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience